Knorr-Bremse Rail Vehicle Systems division press releases.
To keep up to speed with developments, in this section you can read our latest press releases. Would you like regular updates? Then please subscribe to our press mailing list.
If you require any additional materials, our communications team will be happy to help.
Success in India: Knorr-Bremse partners with Alstom to equip metro trains for megacities Bhopal and Indore
- On behalf of Alstom, Knorr-Bremse is fitting braking and climate control systems to 52 Movia metros ordered by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Trains will serve on metro lines currently under construction in Bhopal and Indore
- Knorr-Bremse systems are in high demand for major projects in the emerging Indian rail market
- For Knorr-Bremse, the order value is in the lower double-digit million-euro range
Knorr-Bremse is to equip more metro trains destined for major cities in India in partnership with Alstom. The equipment includes braking and climate control systems for 52 Alstom Movia trains with a total of 156 railcars ordered by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) for Bhopal and Indore. Knorr-Bremse will also provide comprehensive services for these technologies over a 15-year period. With this order, Knorr-Bremse is benefiting from the dynamic development of India’s transportation sector while contributing to safe, reliable, eco-friendly mobility in the country’s mass transit segment.
Knorr-Bremse Sees Higher Profit Margin and Strong Cash Flow
- Robust demand continues in both divisions in the first nine months of 2023: order intake rises to € 6.2 billion
- Order book reaches a new record high of roughly € 7.2 billion
- Knorr-Bremse’s revenue increases by a significant 12.7% to roughly € 5.9 billion
- BOOST 2026 strategy program: efficiency increase measures show initial success; operating EBIT margin in third quarter rises to 11.5% (Q2/23: 11.1%)
- Free cash flow in third quarter rises significantly to € 230 million (Q3/22: € 38 million) with a cash conversion rate of 168% (Q3/22: 25%)
- Group confirms Guidance for 2023
Knorr-Bremse AG, the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other safety-critical rail and commercial vehicle systems, today published its results for the first nine months and third quarter of 2023.
Dr. Nicolas Lange to join Knorr-Bremse’s Executive Board and guide the market leader’s rail business
- The Supervisory Board has appointed Dr. Nicolas Lange, Chairman of the Management Board of Knorr-Bremse Rail Vehicle Systems, to the Group’s Executive Board effective October 1, 2023
- Dr. Jürgen Wilder, the Executive Board member at Knorr-Bremse AG who previously oversaw the rail business, will leave the company on the best terms on September 30, 2023
- The Supervisory Board thanked Dr. Wilder for the exceptional work he performed as a member of the Executive Board
Investing in India: Knorr-Bremse increases research and development capacity
- Knorr-Bremse expands Technology Center India (TCI) in Pune and strengthens activity in India’s mobility market
- Multi-million-euro investment in new building complex hosting R&D and technical support facilities for Rail and Commercial Vehicle Systems divisions
- Inauguration ceremony attended by business partners, employees and senior management from Knorr-Bremse Group
Knorr-Bremse is expanding its capacity in India, covering both rail and commercial vehicle sectors. Last week, a new building complex was officially inaugurated at the cross-divisional TCI development center in Pune, where some 1,300 experts will work on developing innovative transportation technologies. Key areas include mechanical engineering, hardware and software, IT and simulations.
Knorr-Bremse Planning a New Remuneration System Based on a 40-Hour Week
- Simple, transparent, and comparable: the new salary system planned for Knorr-Bremse employees at Germany sites
- 40-hour week (previously 42-hour) intended to be new core company working hours
- To be implemented progressively by 2026, starting with the Knorr-Bremse site in Berlin
Knorr-Bremse, the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other safety-critical rail and commercial vehicle systems, is seeking to become an even more attractive employer. Under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer Marc Llistosella, the company is committed to an even more appealing working environment and to competitive remuneration that rewards performance. For this reason, the Executive Board of Knorr-Bremse AG has decided to make several key elements of the working hours and remuneration at its German sites even more attractive.
Knorr-Bremse Sees Strong Growth in Revenues and Profit in H1 2023
- Revenues up by a significant 15.0% at € 3.9 billion in H1 2023
- Demand remains robust in both divisions, with order intake up 4.9% at € 4.2 billion
- Order book reaches new record at € 7.1 billion (+6.4%)
- Profitability starting to develop positively, with operating EBIT rising by 13.8% to € 415 million and operating EBIT margin stable at approx. 10.6% (Q1/2023: 10.0%, Q2/2023: 11.1%)
- Portfolio review: Sheppard foundry sold, sale of Kiepe signed off
- Sustainability: 2030 climate targets validated by Science Based Targets initiative
- Guidance for 2023 confirmed and revenue target increased to € 7.5 billion to € 7.8 billion (previously: € 7.3 billion to € 7.7 billion)
- “BOOST 2026” program launched – strategic initiatives to generate additional, profitable growth and add value
Knorr-Bremse AG, the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other rail and commercial vehicle systems, today published its results for the first half and second quarter of 2023.